Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day!

Another vacation day for me, WOO-HOO! I took yesterday off and, are you ready for this fun thing....I cleaned my house. I know, I know, it's so exciting. But I have been meaning to clean out this one huge closet I have that is packed to the gills with crap I don't need. I went through everything and it took quite awhile. I found a bunch of old notebooks filled with passages on the intimate details of my life as well as photos of people I haven't seen in a l-o-n-g time. I came across some real gems that took me back to years past. Wow. Interesting. What do you do with those things? Recycle? Tear 'em up? Throw them out? I won't say what I did with them....

Anyway. . . today I slept in AGAIN. I slept until nearly 10 AM. This is a record for me in my adult life. Even when I worked in the bars I was up earlier than 10 AM. Sometimes when I sleep in I feel anxious like I have missed too much of the day, but today, I just relished in the sleep. I decided to go for a bike ride, just a cruise around Mercer Island. I got part way and I saw that the main road had been blocked off by fire trucks and I had to make up a quick Plan B. I decided to ride around the south end of the lake. It was pretty fun, it's not like going for a trail run, but it was fun and I am glad I got to stretch my legs. I knew I had a long run the next day and am s-l-o-w-l-y- tapering for WR50, so I know I need to start taking it easy. This is going to be difficult for me, as it is just about everyone who has spentsignificant time training for something, I suppose that is why people refer to it as tapering MADNESS.

Later on....I went to good friend EP's new house and swilled some beer and BBQ'ed some tasty goods. My camera broke as I was lighting a sparkler, so no photos. Her dog, Patty, seemed sort of undisturbed by the fireworks, whereas Struth was a barking stress ball. I tried to comfort him as best as I could, so did EP. But he was determined to find the source of the noise by running all over their house and barking. I drove him around in the car a bit with the music on to soothe him but the minute we got home and random firecrackers were going off, he could not sit still. It was a long night with not lots of rest for me or him.

No comments: