verb (used without object)
1. to become smaller or thinner toward one end.
2. to grow gradually lean.
Adverb (used with object)
3. to make gradually smaller toward one end.
4. to reduce gradually.
Above is the definition of taper. Let's go through and see how accurate these so called definitions are;
1) to become smaller or thinner at one end____if you are talking about candles or pants, that makes sense. If you are talking about a person "tapering" for a sporting event, like myself, that makes no sense. I simply have not gotten and thinner at either end....especially the REAR end.
2) to grow gradually lean_____again, if you are talking about candles or pants, this makes sense. But with regards to me, no I have not become any leaner, thanks to my love for baking and eating.....
3) this is too similar to the first 2 definitions so DITTO...to #1 and #2.
4) to reduce gradually. Ok, this could touch upon my situation here tapering for Umstead, I am gradually reducing my running and workouts. However, what it doesn't say in there are the some of these definitions:\
D) TO FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES FOR AN HOUR OR SO